Peer Feedback (AKA I'm Not Alone!)

My teacher Mrs. Marchetti gave us the opportunity to share with our peers the progress we've made on each of our projects. I was seated with a group of girls, most of whom were doing film openings like myself. What I was slightly surprised to find was that most of them had picked genres that had been similar or even the same (I was not the only one doing a thriller). However, it seemed that they had taken a more negative stance on the topic of mental health. Portraying the villain as a psychotic murderer whereas I am hoping to portray a character with mental illness as sympathetic to move away from the stigma that comes with the territory.
Aside from that, I felt slightly better that I'm just as behind as everyone else... though at least everyone else seems to have some pretty solid idea as to how they are going to get their point across. I have my big picture but I'm not sure how exactly I should be going about doing this.
During this time we also discussed our blogs and what needs to be posted on them such as discussions on the target audience of our genres. The two of us creating thriller films were having a bit of trouble figuring out who our target audience would include. Because of the range of variety within the genre, it can be difficult to pinpoint an exact audience. However, due to the general nature of psychological thrillers, one can make the connection that these films are generally appealing to more mature audiences. This is due to the fact that certain thrillers can often be violent and inappropriate for young audiences. They touch on mature subjects such as mental illness, abuse, etc. and often have complicated and twisting plots that can be difficult to follow.

Comments

Popular Posts